Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Jordy's Saturday with Daddy (& Mommy)

D and Jordy at our second cafe stop of the day!

At severe risk of repeating myself, what a little gem Jordy has been!

Saturday saw the unenviable task of me having to trudge back to work to clear out my desk (my work has been wonderfully flexible and has given me a year off to take care of bub). So while dad entertained Jordy (they were busy choosing which digital photos to print out at Harvey Norman), I was packing away two years of things into three huge bags. When I next return to work, all my Middle Eastern postcards and duck photos will be joined by lots of Jordy prints I'm sure!!!

Anyway back to Jordy (all roads - or blog posts at least - lead back to the Squirmy One somehow!). He again was a perfectly turned out cafe hanger outer, first snoozing through our lunch at O'Brien's (officially the quietest and most restful place to lunch at The Central), and then our chocolate crepe dessert at Java Dreams, which was a favourite pre-Jordy pregnancy hangout of mine, being at the basement of my office building.


At the Bonsai Garden in Hort Park

After all that food, we decided to go for a walk at, surprise surprise, Hort Park again! Haha. Well, being literally a two-minute drive, or ten-minute walk from our place, it's just too handy really! Oh and D has just reminded me that Saturday wasn't just a two-cafe day, but a two-walk day. On top of cleaning out desk, I had my six-monthly dental check-up and so while I was cleaned and fluorided, father and son went for a most calming walk at Labrador Park! Sigh, we love weekends!

PS: Main lesson learnt on Saturday (in hindsight) was this: there IS such a thing as too much chocolate. After my chocolate crepe overload at Java Dreams, I went on to munch on Pepperidge Farm's dark chocolate brownie cookies, while watching the lyrical Thai film The Tin Mine (recommended for a lazy evening in) on DVD that same evening. End result? A curiously squirmy and wakeful Jordy! He woke up at 1255, 330, 5ish and 6ish! Oy Vey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you two are doing great as new parents! i wish i had as much fun when i had my bundles!

maree said...

Is it just me imagining or does that wee Jordy act all "coy" when his Daddy's got him, and is his hair colouring coming through fair!!! or is it just the light????