Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

The little Christmas bauble

Singapore is cranking up into Yuletide mode and I couldn't be happier! D was off work for the afternoon so we went to the Vivo City (thunder and lightning outside and we had to run errands. We're not mall rats! Truly!).

Jordy was in an ultra cranky mood as the poor soul was repeatedly woken up during his nap by the bloody drilling going on upstairs! Today they sank to a new low and drilled in all THREE bedrooms at the same time. There was no safe haven. So I scooped him up and went to the not-so-quiet sanctuary of the mall.

Anyway, the not so good news is that he cried quite a bit and as I was a bit frazzled from the stupid renovation noises, I forgot the Baby Bjorn. Which meant I had to carry him and push the stroller at the same time. Which of course meant that I couldn't go far and so sat at Coffee Bean waiting for D until he arrived.

But the good news is that I DID manage to find the perfect Christmas bauble - a ceramic Christmas truck from Lim's Arts & Crafts- for Jordy for his inaugural Christmas tree! Woo hoo! We're going to get a live Scandinavian tree from IKEA - better still is if you return the tree to the store for recycling in January, you get a $10 IKEA voucher and your tree gets turned into compost! Talk about good corporate citizen.

So as of today, we have started the great Turnip tradition of the annual special Christmas bauble for our special little boy. I love Christmas! Must be about time to bring out my Dean Martin and Nat King Cole Christmas CD. I'm the happiest Christmas tree, ho ho ho, hee hee hee.

1 comment:

maree said...

...and Santa's leaving New Zealand today to reach Singapore by Xmas time!! His reindeer aren't as fast as aeroplanes so he has to leave this early to get there in time!