Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Heaven is...

a napping baby...

This is an old pic, but since Jordy is napping this afternoon with scarcely anything on save his diapers, I thought I'd use a more modest picture.

Major milestones today:

1. Driving alone with Jordy for the first time while he was doing his signature rattly cry at the top of his lungs. I discovered that singing my favourite a capella songs loudly to him managed to
calm him and put him to sleep (songs that worked include James Taylor's "Lonesome Road", Billy Joel's "And So It Goes", Scottish folk song "The Water is Wide", Buddy Holly's "Everyday" and The Beatles' "Here, There and Everywhere")

2. Managed to put dinner on (chicken stew on the slow cooker) while being on my own with Jordy. Phew!!! Am slowly realising that it's ok to sometimes just let him cry a bit for a few minutes if I need to attend to things...

3. First post-mama Maree leaving day. Jordy was really missing his mama Maree today (especially her finger that he loves to grip while in the car)... his parents were too :( I tried to sing the songs she sings, but only she can do them the way Jordy likes, so had to think of a new repertoire of lullabies!

1 comment:

maree said...

You know I'd happily cut my finger off for that wee boy. Congrats on chicken stew and bet you even managed to cook the rice!And now that he has his Mum's voice to listen to JR will know his Grandma can't sing after all - all those wee frowns were him trying to work out what the wierd sounds were!