Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yes, The Camel Diaries are Alive and Well, Thanks for the Concern!

Yipes! Yet another crazy long hiatus from ye olde blog.

This time the reasons are pretty valid: HFMD Bout #2 (a mild case that saw us being off school for 9 days!), then Mama Maree came to visit and we were too busy having fun in Bali and then at the pool, and in the midst of it all, we had not one, but TWO, birthday cakes!

The first was at Jordy's second birthday party, held the day after we returned from Bali. We made a pretty special airplane cake (if I may say so myself):


And the birthday boy was very visibly thrilled:


The second cake was a quieter affair, a strawberry and cream concoction from Da Paolo, which we first had for D's birthday this year. Jordy went at it with his characteristic focus.


I'll do a Bali post soon - I feel compelled to chronicle just what a fantastic traveller Jordy is turning out to be. From being wonderful on the flights, to taking hour long naps in the car with his head on Mama Maree's lap, to eagerly climbing into weird, new cots, and to saying "Amazing Bali" and "Thank you so much" to the many taxis drivers we met in Seminyak and Ubud!

In the meantime, this is more a blog-recusitation post so that everyone knows I'm still alive and writing. On that note, I'm currently reading The Guardian's How to Write. I am officially inspired. Now to just get of my butt and do something about it!

2 comments:

maree said...

Oh, here I am back checking in to get my "Jordy Fix" So wonderful though to know I was THERE with you all sharing Jordy/Family days & not through computer land.
Love the pix you have chosen..am just finishing off puting my prints in album i.e. Album 3 now for wee JR to look through and have one day
Miss you all
xxx

maree said...

P.S. So good that you are getting inspiration re writing - YEAH!!