Pages

Friday, July 09, 2010

Powerpoints Aren't Just for Work

Man am I glad it's Friday. Just emerged from a rather frantic few weeks at work, culminating in a major event on Wednesday. Had my longest day yet as a working mum, leaving the house on Wednesday at 7.30am (D dropped Jordy off that morning), and then rushing from work later that day (after issuing a post-event media release no less) to pick Jordy up at 5.10pm from childcare. Officially his longest day yet!

And what did he do when I dashed into his playschool, looking pretty beat up and with fading make-up? He ran towards me with a big chuckle and said, "AMAZY MUMMY!"

Did my heart do a double-lurch and almost leap out of my body in his toddler arms? You bet it did!

Anyway, I know I've been posting heaps of videos of late, but with my new phone, it makes it all so seamless I just can't resist. One of Jordy's favourite pasttimes for a while now has been looking at homemade powerpoint slides with me. I have my fabulous sister to thank for that. She did up a bunch of themed slides which her boys enjoyed, then thumb drived them to me one time. I've since added some content to the slides, especially the Food themed one (with all of Jordy's favourite things). Anyway, his undisputed favourite is the one on nature. Something about the elemental forces of nature call out to that boy of mine!





His other favourite is one on the family, oh and not forgetting the one on insects. What is it with boys and creepy crawlies? If you listen carefully, you'll be able to make out the crazy things he can say now ("centipede!").





Oh and we have yet another first happening tomorrow. Jordy's first sleepover at gong gong and mama's! Woo hoo! D and I are going to catch Toy Story 3 (hopefully... we haven't booked tickets yet) and go for dinner after. Jordy is so ready for this. He spends a lot of his day looking around the house saying "see gong gong!", "see mama!" or "no more gong gong!" "no more mama!". Ah well, the age of the grandparent is here! Haha...

And only two-odd weeks to Mama Maree's arrival! Can't wait!

5 comments:

maree said...

Oh what a clever wee boy - haha so lovely - just before I read this blog I emailed David to say what a little Nature lover wee Jordy is...& then I see this!!! How amazing is that - Jordy would say Amazy Mamma!! That is so so cute.
Counting down now - 2 weeks this time I will be just a few hours out from Singapore - now that is truly AMAZY!!

maree said...

Can't wait to hear how our wee boy liked his stay over at Gong Gong's & Mamma's - - you two better get your " where to go on date " calendar out - Grandparent Time for sure.x

Unk Dicko said...

AMAZING JORDY!!!!
Stay over at grandpa and mama's was a complete success.
He just love it!

JY said...

Wow Jordy! Your vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds!

Anonymous said...

zemtoxxxb http://crush-the-castle.com Crush The Castle