Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Growth Spurt for the Little Squirt?

OK thought I'd give all an insight into life with JR. As you can see, we've moved into the nursery temporarily to facilitate feeding. Sleep, when we are blessed with it, is a miracle. I don't think I ever could've imagined how exhausting the first few weeks could be! It makes me think back in nostalgia and awe at how we used to think nothing of spending a lazy Sunday in bed reading, then going for a leisurely brunch at Beviamo. Haha! How things have changed.

I think Jordy is going through a growth spurt as well - he was rather calm and easy to settle the last few days, then cue last night. Refused to go down at 7pm despite being fed the baby equivalent of a gastramonical feast, and had to be fed almost every hour from 11pm onwards till this morning! Yipes! I'm trying to tell myself - it's great he's growing, growth spurts are exactly how they sound - an onomatopoeiac mess of crying, pooping, feeding, and noisy sleeping.

Needless to say D and I are more than zombies - but do not you worry, all these stories will come in handy at the appropriate time (i.e. Jordy's 21st maybe? haha).

Ah well, he's taking a cat nap now and I'm taking these quick minutes to reconnect with the outside world... HELLO! Oh and one fantastic thing about breast feeding? Taking the long feeding sessions to put up my legs and watch The Gilmore Girls! Finished Season 1 - supremely fantastic show. Haven't enjoyed anything this much since The West Wing :) Thanks to Jordy's Godma C for lending me all seven seasons!!! Woo hoo...

3 comments:

Campbells said...

Glad to hear things are going okay, albeit with a minimum of sleep! It gets better. Lily now almost four months old and sleeping through the night most nights (7.30pm - 7.30am!)I challenge Jordy to beat her in the thigh roll stakes - baby no. 3 for us was the smallest at birth and now the chubbiest, roly-polyiest! Sarah:)

Rennie the Soh said...

Little ones always complete a couple's life. I am always of the opinion that God gave us offspring to remind us of how well He knows all our little features and idiosyncracies.

Seeing your baby makes me wanna have more. Makes me shudder just thinking about going through the whole cycle of night feeds, burping, sterilisation of bottles...

Also added you to my list of FRIENDS in my blog.

Cheers and God bless!

And why 'camel' ah? Of all things...

atetoomuch said...

Godma C is back from holiday and is happy to read that Jordy's doing well and that you're both coping as well. Ain't Gilmore Girls just great?! Heh. Take care and see ya soon. Got Jordy a little something from Scotland and I better not dither too long or he may outgrow it, what with his recent spurts :)