Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Walk This Way (Talk This Way)

I think it's quite official. Jordy's walking!

And by walking, I mean he's gone from shuffling one or two steps unassisted, to today's whopper of an effort walking from the ipod to the piano. For those of you who have never been to our apartment, that's about 15 Jordy steps!

Most times, he still prefers to hold on to one of our hands, and, like so, can walk around rather confidently for a good 10 minutes.



To honour his new found feet, I brought him to Clarks for his first proper shoe fitting. He is a 5G. I got him a sturdy pair of cruising shoes, which looked breathable enough for Singapore weather as well as our year-end trip to New Zealand.



It really is lots of fun walking around with him. Think this ushers in a WHOLE new era Jordy-wise, not to mention metabolism-wise!

3 comments:

Unk Dicko said...

Sung to the tune of I am Sailing.
A song to Jordy!

I am walking, I am walking
Finally walking, beats the pushing.
Can you see me? Hand on daddy.
Steadily walking with my mommy.

Hurray!

maree said...

Great wee song Dick
How grown up Jordy suddenly looks - WELL DONE Jordy - hahah am just thinking how you'd go walking up our hills - one year you will come & want to ride a scateboard down them - but that's another milestone - your Mum & Dad won't want to know about that one yet!

Unknown said...

yippee! congrats jordy!