Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

First Blog Better Not be Boaring

OK, so I promised myself that I would start a blog this year. Then the new year came, and like many other resolutions (like eat more raw fruit and vege, cut out deep fried foods, stop gossiping, fix my broken guitar, and stop picking at my toe nails), the blogging never quite happened.

Then several things occurred:

1. My newly-retired dad picked up blogging and in the space of two months has become Singapore's senior citizen blogger extraordinaire. Never mind that he types with two fingers, and before this, thought cookies were only for eating and threads for mending, he's an inspiration.

2. A few of my friends started their own excellent blogs (I will create links to them once I figure out how) and, feeling kinda in awe, and a bit left-behind, I thought, let's just do it and see how it goes.

3. I got a second chance when the year of the Boar came round. So before the motivation passes, here goes!

2 comments:

sabre hound said...

dora babes,

congrats and welcome to the blogosphere...i look forward to more entries from you. Just as have you have managed to effortlessly pull heartstrings in your original Camel Diaries when D and you were travelling in the middle east, i think your foray into blogspot is gonna kick even bigger arses!

forward, onward, march!

love,
me

sabre hound said...

eh got erratum!

"Just as you have managed to effortlessly..."

ah!

grin...