Pages

Monday, February 08, 2010

What'll It Be?

A quick update from my trusty iPod... I'm meant to be returning to work on Wednesday. Five half days, 9 to 1 pm. I've had a beyond fantastic last three weeks to myself while Jordy spent the morning and early afternoon in childcare. The freezer is stocked with stews, soups, pizza bases, homemade burgers, Thai fish cakes, stock, heck, I even spent part of a morning browning lean beef mince in bulk so I can just pop it in the slow cooker for chili. I bought myself a new work bag, some new clothes, sorted out season parking at a nearby mall to work, even met up with colleagues to get a sense of what I'm returning to.

Anyway, all this is leading somewhere, please bear with me.

So then this morning Jordy woke up with a slight fever. Which then spiked and ebbed as the day went on. Highest recorded temp was 38.9. He's still eating well but is clearly not himself. Example, he was happy lying on my lap on the couch for half an hour while watching Baby Einstein! Anyway so now I'm not sure what's going to happen come Wednesday! Really hope he gets better soon... If not my first day of work might be a dependant care leave day!

Something tells me I'm being orientated pretty quickly to the world of working-parent-juggling. Argh!

2 comments:

maree said...

oh dear - yes, the complexity's of working mums everywhere - just take each day as it comes - easier said than done but will work out 95% of the time!( hope wee Jordy's well soon ) ....and anyway you've "browned the mince" so it will all work out by tea time!!!!! hee hee

Unknown said...

the same day i got offered the job, poppy started eating beautifully. it was almost like 'oh i better get my act together so she'll decide i'm not that bad to be around with!'. they're trying to keep us home, they are! :) hope J gets better soon