Pages

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Turnip Fourth Wedding Anniversary


Happy fourth wedding anniversary to me and D! According to tradition (British that is), the fourth anniversary is the fruit and flower anniversary. That's rather lovely isn't it? Better than paper and cotton I reckon! Four years ago this day, we had a blast on a balmy evening in Sentosa. It wasn't our first wedding though. That honour went to a small ceremony several months before which took place in Glenfalloch Gardens in Dunedin.

It was wonderful having two weddings. Two dresses, two sets of music playlists, two cakes, two bouquets (though the second time I just held a gerberra), two parties in two hemispheres!


Sadly, we're missing out on our good friend Lichelle's wedding in the Philippines this weekend. We missed her first wedding in Barcelona. We just thought it would be too much travel too soon for the little Turnip. Ah well, from us to you Lichelle and Rafa, have a beautiful day. And a beautiful life ahead! Two weddings is so the way to go!

So we'll stay back this long National Day weekend in hazy Singapore, and hang out with Jordy as he officially turns one on Monday. What an achievement Jordy!

And on the subject of achievements, Jordy had his first taste of Vegemite this morning! I spread it on a brown rice cracker and his Kiwi side certainly came out. He was shaking his legs as he wolfed it down! This clip was taken right after the Vegemite moment. He had, by then, progressed on to a few Cheerios. Notice the contentment.

Anyway, presenting: How much is that doggy in the window? (Note: I am not known for the accuracy of song lyrics when I sing.)

3 comments:

Unk Dicko said...

I LOVE this video and I LOVE J's reaction, his laughter!!!
What a fabulous 1st year he's had.
Happy Birthday again baby Jordy!
And Congrats and Blessings on your parents 4th Wedding Anniversary.
That wedding ceremony in Glen...Dunedin, was the most memorable wedding C for me ever.
I always feel very sentimental thinking back.

Unk Dicko said...

What a lovely video. J is going to love music and songs. The year flew by so very fast - one year old.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jordy my love,
Mama Daisie.

Happy 4th Anniversary Dora & David.
Mom.

maree said...

Contentment is right! I have just checked in from work & have already shown 60,000 people!!! will have to wait till I get home to hear laugh - can't wait. Wee Jordy is SUCH a delight! He switches from one facial expression to another so quickly.
Happy Happy Anniversay - FOUR YEARS!!!! What a MAGIC time it was, and we have had so many MAgic moments during this past year.
Much love my darlings xxx