Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bangkok Beautiful #1

Grand Palace, Bangkok

Just returned from an amazing four-day weekend in Bangkok chez J, who has the best taste in art by the way. Dean and I went up first on Thurs night, and D joined us on Friday night and it was all systems go! Dean's and my excitement (and hence, our holiday) started on Thursday afternoon. How else to express our delight but in rhyme?


Erawan Shrine, Bangkok

Me:
Oh me oh my

Tonight we shall fly
My luggage I bring
To meet the Thai king!

Dean:
Oh dear me hearties
This will be a party
When we take flight
Our way to the King's palace
Oh what a sight!

Bonsai and the golden stupa, Grand Palace, Bangkok

Dean and I in our palace outfits. He had to don pants and I had to put on a borrowed shirt as my pashmina didn't cut it.

Me:
Thinking thoughts of red ruby
Buying bras to make me booby
Siam is my favourite place
When I want to leave the race!

Dean:
Life here can be a bitch
It is quite a rut
But now I feel right
In my pockets full of bahts!

Flourescent sunbeams, Grand Palace, Bangkok

Me:
Light dinner I am having
As cake I shall eat
Once I'm safe in transit
At 8 we shall meet?


Dean:
Oh As in unison with all my cells and the rest
The answer is a YES!

Dean took many photos. And I took many of him taking photos.


Chez J in the heart of Bangkok. We all liked his art. Like really liked his art...


Me:
In the train I ride
Trusty luggage at my side
Excitement laid bare
With nary a care!

Dean:
Oh As the sun wanes
I am on the train
To the airport I go
As my face glows.

Drinks at restaurant-for-beautiful-people, Thang Long along Soi Lang Suan

Me:
I smell the whiff of lavender
Now into the open I emerge
Peering through my new glasses
Looking forward to greener grasses!

Dean:
Where is this place asked my nose
very much I am in the heart of Eunos
As I leave this place a'bellicose
So there goes all my woes

Dean and I want humane jobs. We want to be humane to the world. We will start by looking humane then maybe people will give us jobs in the UN. Outside J's amazing office overlooking the Chao Praya.

D and J having an animated discussion/drinking game to solve the problems in the world. J's balcony right outside his office. Have we said it overlooks the Chao Praya yet?


Dean (haiku):
The train leaves Expo
I think of tomyum and such
The heart flutters now

Me (responding with a rhyming haiku):
Passed Paya Lebar
I think of Hari Raya
What meals tomorrow?

Dean:
Ok you win liao.


We are NOT tourists though we be posing along Khao San road.




1 comment:

sabre hound said...

oh my oh my!

i so TOTALLY heart this entry!

and i am turning restive now that i am back here on this island.

restive i am now
but shall i do a pow-wow?
thoughts of tom ga khai